The BC tech ecosystem is one of the fastest growing in the world. As the association that represents this incredible community of companies, entrepreneurs, enthusiasts, and visionaries, BC Tech is dedicated to providing opportunities for collaboration, learning, and growth. When you join BC Tech, you become part of a community of more than 500 local companies who love tech and are passionate about making BC the best place to grow a startup. Here’s why your company needs to become a BC Tech member:
As most tech companies in BC can attest to, finding good talent is hard. Here at BC Tech, we are actively working with various organizations, the government, and the local community to ensure that there are enough highly skilled individuals in BC to help our industry grow.
- Post-secondary Partnerships. At BC Tech we have developed strong relationships with post-secondary institutions across the province to encourage students to pursue careers in tech. Plus, to support our future tech leaders, we’ve created the BC Tech Scholarship.
- Go North Canada. We’re on a mission to bring our Canadian compatriots home from Silicon Valley. These experienced expats are working for some of the largest tech companies in the U.S.
- Talent Days. Talent Days bring together select groups of hiring companies and top-notch candidates with the goal of promoting meaningful connections (and hopefully many hires!). These intimate, casual, innovative and fun events give companies an opportunity to meet with pre-qualified candidates in a one-to-one setting through speed interviews, pitches, or networking.
- Talent Meetups. In partnership with BC Tech Jobs, our Talent Meetups bring together technology professionals looking to grow their career and tech companies looking to promote their brand, share expertise, and connect with candidates.
Whether you’ve just started your company or are looking to expand your burgeoning business, we’ve got a program that can help you grow.
- EIRs. Meet with seasoned tech executives who have walked in your shoes–they’ve built companies, explored new markets, developed new products and services, and have raised capital. Now they’re giving back to the tech community by imparting their wisdom to the next generation of tech entrepreneurs. As a member of BC Tech, the EIR Program is a free benefit.
- Expert Network. Do you have a really tough problem that needs to be solved? We have a panel of experts who can supplement the strategic advice of our Executives-in-Residence. These individuals make up our recon team and can help eliminate tactical roadblocks.
- HyperGrowth and HyperGrowth Life. HyperGrowth invests in fearless entrepreneurs who are building extraordinary companies. As a second-stage revenue accelerator, we help startups maximize their revenue, grow their teams, and build impactful businesses.
- FinTech Program. Our FinTech Program is a combination of activities available to the entire community and some curated experiences specific to growth-stage financial technology companies. The core areas of support include FinTech Days, coaching and expertise, as well as connections and community building.
- C-Councils. Unlike any other CEO forums or executive round tables, our C-Councils are all about business. Each C-Council is carefully curated to ensure that participants are in similar (but non-competitive) businesses and at similar stages of growth. This ensures a peer exchange that is specific, meaningful, and highly relevant to every member.
- Saas Sales Program. Inspired by our HyperGrowth program, the SaaS Sales program helps companies to build a scalable, predictable sales & marketing engine. This program is meant to serve as an end-to-end, comprehensive, practical guide to implementing a predictive, data driven revenue model at your company.
- 100+ Events Each Year. Nothing makes us happier than bringing the tech community together—that’s why we host multiple events every month to make sure our community can network, get to know each other, and make meaningful connections. Check out our upcoming events here.
- TechBrew. Four times a year we bring together the coolest new technologies, cutting-edge innovators and influential decision makers under one roof to celebrate all the going-ons within our community. TechBrews are a great opportunity to network and learn about exciting local companies.
- Technology Impact Awards. Our annual awards celebrate the best and brightest of the industry. This night brings together over a thousand tech leaders, entrepreneurs, and industry supporters.
- Grub in the Hub. Designed for busy tech community members, Grub in The Hub offers bite-sized (pun intended!) information on useful day-to-day topics ranging from sales and marketing to ‘selecting the right benefits program for your growing team.’ Located at The Hub this event is free. Find our next Grub in the Hub here.
The Hub, located in the heart of the city, enables the tech community to connect, collaborate, learn from one another, and give back. By providing entrepreneurs with easily accessible support, programming, and amenities, the Hub is a place where the tech industry can come together and support each other.
- Rent a space. The Hub offers an unparalleled opportunity for growth-stage tech companies to plug into world class office and collaboration space, services and support. Becoming a tenant at The Hub is all about fueling your revenue growth and setting you up for growing your business from day one.
- Host an event. Need to throw an event but don’t have the room? We rent out our meeting rooms and the event spaces to everyone; however, there is a discount for our members. Our large event space can accommodate 40 people classroom style, 60 people theater style or 125 people standing.
- Tech Health Plan. In partnership with Morneau Shepell, the Tech Health Plan is a discounted group benefits plan. This provides member with lower rates, lower cost to run the plan, renewal stability and access to benefits that are otherwise unavailable.
- Business & Employment Insurance. Designed for tech and exclusive for BC Tech Members, BFL offers solutions for companies of varying needs, such as general office insurance package, technology package, and CORE-TECH package (including network and information security liability and communications and media liability).
- Preferred Pricing on Canon Products. As part of the BC Tech community, you can receive exclusive access to the Canon Ambassador Program, which includes: preferred pricing, seasonal ambassador sales, free shipping over $49.99, and access to new product offerings.
- Home and Tenant Insurance by TD Insurance. As a member of the BC Tech Association, your benefits now include privileged access to the TD Insurance Meloche Monnex program, which provides savings through lower preferred insurance rates.
- BC Tech Jobs. BC Tech Members receive a 15% discount on all job posting packages or get their first job posting for only $90. Click here to learn more.
- STARFiiSH is a people and culture survey that measures a technology company’s team member happiness, and then collaborates with them to improve. As part of the BC Tech community, you can receive preferred pricing on STARFiiSH services.